Redeveloping One Landed Property Into More Landed Properties



Homeowners of landed property must apply for planning permission to redevelop their existing landed property into more than one landed property.




What types of landed properties can I redevelop my existing landed property to? The types of landed properties you can redevelop to depend on the housing form(s) safeguarded in the designated landed housing area plan. For example: building a good class bungalow Your existing property is currently in an area safeguarded for semi-detached houses . You will be allowed to build good class bungalows, bungalows, strata bungalows, semi-detached and strata semi-detached houses on that plot. However, you cannot build terrace houses.


How many houses can I redevelop from my existing property?

The number of houses you can redevelop depends on the type of landed property and the corresponding minimum plot size and minimum plot width. For instance, your existing property is in a bungalow area, which only allows bungalows and strata bungalows. Your land size is 1,400 sqm and a detached house (bungalow) has a minimum plot size of 400 sqm. Hence, you can only redevelop the existing property into 3 detached houses. Please refer to prevailing Development Control parameters for landed housing (PDF) for more information on minimum plot size and plot width by type of landed property.

What must I comply with when redeveloping my property?

Your proposed reconstruction or redevelopment must comply with prevailing Development Control Parameters. You also have to comply with technical requirements by other Government agencies. Your QP (Qualified Person) will be able to advise you on the requirements. What else should I take note of when redeveloping my property? You may have to pay development charge if the Development Ceiling (proposed GFA) is higher than the Development Baseline (approved GFA).


Please refer to the step-by-step guide – How to Apply: Development Application via CORENET eSS. For application fees, please refer to the Fees Schedule for Development Applications (PDF).



I need help. Who can I contact?

Contact the Development Control Group at:

Tel: (65) 6223 4811 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm) Email:
Skip to toolbar