- SAFE GUARDING OF LANDED HOUSING AREA
- LANDED HOUSING AREA PLAN
- BUILDING HEIGHT
- MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING BUILDINGS
Landed Housing Area Plan
SAFEGUARDING OF LANDED HOUSING AREA
- Good Class Bungalow area where bungalow development must have a minimum plot size of 1,400 sqm. Strata bungalows are also permitted.
- Bungalow area where bungalow development must have a minimum plot size of 400 sqm. Strata bungalows are also permitted.
- Semi-detached area where bungalows, strata bungalows, semi-detached and strata semi-detached houses are permitted.
- Mixed Landed housing area where any form of landed housing such as bungalows, semi-detached houses and terrace type I (occupying a land area of 150 sqm) are permitted. In addition, townhouses, strata bungalows and cluster housing with their own control guidelines are also permitted. Terrace type II (occupying a land area of 80 sqm) is, however subject to evaluation as these houses with 1.0m front setback could affect the streetscape.
LANDED HOUSING AREA PLAN
MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING BUILDINGS
Existing buildings may remain until they are rebuilt in the future. The proposal to rebuild the existing building is subject to evaluation based on the landed housing proposal for the area.
If you wish to renovate or modify your house, you must follow the guidelines on landed housing in your area. In addition, you must satisfy the prevailing planning controls on plot size, plot width and building setback requirements. For bungalows, the proposed extensions must also satisfy the site coverage requirements.
These are as follow:
See : Prevailing Planning Control for Landed Housing
|Within Good Class Bungalow Area||35%|
|Outside Good Class Bungalow Area||40% (for plots > 800m2) 40% (for plots < 800m2) 45% (for plots < 800m2) – Applicable to 2-storey mixed landed and 2-storey semi-detached housing areas.|
CALCULATION BY PARCELLATION
- Area with roof eaves projection > 2.0 mA= 3.1 m x 3.0 m = 9.3 m2 B = 0.4 m x 5.0 m = 2.0 m2
- Area under roof eaves projection < 2.0 mC = Exempted D = Exempted
- Area with roof eaves projection < 2.0 mE = 2.8 m x 2.0 m = 5.6 m2
- Area with no roof eavesF = 25.0 m x 9.0 m = 225 m2
- i. Total covered area = 241.9 m2 ii. Net site area = 800.0 m2 iii. Site coverage = 241.9 x 100 800.0 = 30.24 %