Reconstruction or Redeveloping One Landed Property (Single House)



Homeowners of landed property must apply for planning permission to reconstruct their existing property or redevelop the property back to a single house.

Reconstruction refers to projects where the:

  • proposed increase in the Gross Floor Area (GFA) of the property exceeds 50% of the approved GFA (e.g. by adding a second storey to a single storey house)
  • external building walls to be removed and replaced with new walls exceed 50% of the approved external walls
  • columns/beams/floor slabs to be removed and replaced exceed 50% of the approved columns/beams/floor slabs

Redevelopment refers to projects where an entire building is demolished and a new one erected. You can increase its GFA as long as you comply with prevailing Development Control parameters for landed housing (PDF).



What must I comply with when reconstructing my property?

Your proposed reconstruction works must comply with prevailing Development Control parameters for landed housing (PDF).

You also have to comply with technical requirements by other government agencies. Your QP (Qualified Person) will be able to advise you on the requirements.

What else should I take note of when reconstructing my property?

You may have to pay development charge if the Development Ceiling (proposed GFA) is higher than the Development Baseline (approved GFA). However, most reconstruction projects from one existing landed property back to one landed property do not incur development charge.

Plan Lodgment Scheme

You can also engage a Qualified Person (QP) to lodge the reconstruction works under the Plan Lodgment Scheme (New Erection / Reconstruction) if your property is located in certain designated landed housing estate and meet certain criteria.



Please refer to the step-by-step guide How to Apply: Development Application via CORENET eSS.

For application fees, please refer to the Fees Schedule for Development Applications (PDF). 



I need help. Who can I contact?

Contact the Development Control Group at:

Tel: (65) 6223 4811 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm)